Monday, January 14, 2008

Hell Date


This isn't really a 'guilty pleasure,' because I don't enjoy it as much as I watch it with a puzzled look on my face. The show airs on BET, and the premise is that people sign up to go on a TV date with someone compatible with them but the show does the opposite and sends them on a date with an actor trying to push all of their buttons. I don't get all the jokes or understand a lot of what is going on, but that's part of the 'fun.' The best part, which I rank as one of my top 10 all-time pop culture signs of the apocalypse (#1 is the Baywatch episode with a midget father storyline, complete with a midget ballad) is the 'reveal' moment of the show, which involves a midget dressed as the devil that comes out and yells Hell Date! and dances around. Go here to watch an episode.

No comments: