Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Favorite Scenes - Bottle Rocket

Props to this site for being the most comprehensive and professional fan site I've ever seen. Worth a visit for even a casual Bottle Rocket fan.

Outside of Bob's house. Dignan rides into the driveway with a scooter.

Anthony: Dignan?
Dignan: Had any time to think?
Anthony: Yeah, I've done a lot of thinking.
Dignan turns off scooter.
Dignan: We're still holding your position open for you.
Anthony: Yeah, I wish you wouldn't do that, and you know...
Dignan: C'mon, go for a ride.
Anthony: C'mon Dignan. It's too small for the both of us.
Dignan: No it isn't. Jump on, man. I'll give you a pump
Anthony: Where'd you get this?
Dignan: I got it from a fr...

Futureman and Clay pull up in their SUV (click below for the rest of the scene)

Futureman: What the hell you wearing?

Clay: Yeah

Dignan: It's a jumpsuit.

Futureman: Clay, look at this guy. [listen]

Clay: He looks like a rodeo clown.

Futureman: He looks like a little banana. Where you from, anyway, man?

Dignan: I'm from around here.

Futureman: This guy used to mow our lawn.

Clay: No shit.

Futureman: Yeah, he was great, clipping the hedges, sweeping up, mowing the lawn. Laughing. What was the name of your little lawn mowing company?

Dignan: The Lawn Wranglers.

Both laughing hard.

Futureman: Let's go. Keep up the mowing, kemosabee.

They leave.

Dignan: It was, it was, it's landscaping not just mowing.

Anthony: Ah man, don't listen to that guy.

Dignan: I don't know. Sometimes I'm not always as confident as I look. [listen]

Anthony: Did you see what he had on?

Dignan: Yeah, pretty cool. All right, well...starts his scooter engine.

Anthony: Wait a second. Dignan, wait a second.

Dignan: over engine. What!

Anthony turns off scooter.

Anthony: Goddammit, I'm in.

Dignan: What?

Anthony: I'm in.

Dignan: I knew you'd be back

Anthony: Three conditions: 1. You mastermind the plan. 2. Bob's on the team.

Dignan: disgusted. Let's here the third one.

Anthony: You gotta get me one of these jumpsuits. [listen]

Dignan: You like these?

Anthony: Yeah

Dignan: Done. Deal. All right. You're doing the right thing, Anthony.

Anthony: Yeah, I know I am.

Dignan: All right, I'll see you later on.

Anthony: Need any help.

Dignan: No, I think I got it.

Anthony: Okay

Dignan manually rolls the scooter away.

No comments: