Monday, December 3, 2007

My Last 5 Itunes Downloads

1. Kanye West - Stronger. Kanye's bit is really annoying, but this is a great song. I love the BonJovi style voice sythesizer and the references to Klondike Bars, OJ and Isotoners. His angry/cocky/entitled cadence is greatness.

2. The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight. I have a recollection of this song, but hadn't heard it in a REALLY long time until on my way back in the minivan from a 'Festival of Lights.' My kids and I enjoyed it equally, much to the horror of my wife. Sounds like a Steppenwolf attempt at getting played on a top 40 station.

3. Kenny Chesney - Don't Blink. This I am embarassed of. As a long suffering Chesney hater and someone who refers to him as looking 'like a wet rat,' I hate that I like this song. He has a great voice for country music and this is just sappy enough to make me think about kids growing up and making me want to buy a truck. The horror, the horror: "I turned on the evening news, Saw a old man being interviewed, Turning a hundred and two today, Asked him what's the secret to life, He looked up from his old pipe, Laughed and said "All I can say is: Don't blink."

4. Pietro Mascagni - Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana (it picks up about 2 minutes in at 1:40). This classical piece, from the Raging Bull soundtrack, is bittersweet and longs for a blissful time gone by. It celebrates the best times of your life while mourning their temporal nature. It is my favorite piece of classical music, and will be played at my funeral. A very well spent 99 cents, here.

5. Jordin Sparks - Tattoo. I can assure you this won't be played at my funeral. But, like Fergie's "Its Personal", this one has terrible lyrics AND a good chorus, so I had to get it. This is a catchy pop song with no redeeming value. Chorus: "Live every second like it was my last one, Don’t look back got a new direction, I loved you once, needed protection, You’re still a part of everything I do, You’re on my heart just like a tattoo, Just like a tattoo." YESSS!!!!

2 comments:

Dentist said...

Never thought I'd see Kenny Chesney on any list of any kind from you (other than a "people who resemble animals/rodents" type per your "wet rat" reference). Truly the apocalypse is upon us.

Doctor said...

You have just upped the ante with that picture of Chesney. It's on.