Sunday, December 30, 2007

Favorite Scenes - Once

.Guy plays his CD for his father, who sits listening and smoking a cigarette. He taps along. It ends. His father is moved.

Guy: "Well"
silence
Guy: "You didn't like it?"
more silence
Guy: "It's just a demo. I..."
Father: (interrupting) "It's f*cking brilliant."
Guy: (surprised) "Really?"
Father: "Fantastic stuff. It'll be a hit. There's no question. Even I can hear that."
Guy smiles.

Click below for the rest of the scene.

Father: "When are you off?"

Guy: "What?"

Father: "I've got a few hundred quid for you. For a deposit on a place. And I'll come over and see you when you get settled. When do you think you'll go?

Guy: (pausing) "Tomorrow"

Father: "Good man. About time."

Guy: "Will you be alright?"

Father: "How do you mean? I was alright for years before you came along, wasn't I? Miles and Mary from next door can look after me if I need anything."

Guy: (vacillating) "Maybe I'll leave it for a while..."

Father: "Go! Are you going to hang around for the next ten years looking after me? I don't f*cking want that. I don't want that on me conscience. Get your f*cking act together. And the best of luck to you. Make your ma proud."

1 comment:

Doctor said...

Just writing "Good Man" doesn't do justice to the way actor Bill Hodnett delivers that line. Priceless.