Monday, December 10, 2007

30 Rock - Season 2

Last season, we called 30 Rock as a great show. This season, its stronger than ever and starting to lay claim as the best network tv comedy since Seinfeld. I don't count The Office, since its not a pure comedy. Here are some quotes from this season of 30 Rock:

Jack: Never go with a hippie to a second location.

Liz: Didn't you just get your haircut two days ago?
Jack: I get my haircut every two days. After all, your hair is your head suit.

Click below for more quotes from season 2.

Kenneth: I like your top. I'm a real good sex person. I do it all the different ways.
Angie (Tracy's wife): Uh-huh. Well, I don't have a husband any more, so... you can come over anytime.
Kenneth: Oh, I will. I'll come over at *night*.

Jack: So what are you gonna do with your money? Put it into a 401K?
Liz: Yeah, I gotta get one of those.
Jack: What?! Where do you invest your money Liz?
Liz: I've got like 12 grand in checking.
Jack: Are you an immigrant?

Jack: You know, I thought you made love like an ugly girl; so present, so grateful.

Jack: Big night, Lemon? Let me guess, meatball sub, extra bread, bottle of NyQuil, Tivo Top Chef, a little Miss Bonnie Raitt, lights out.
Liz: No, I have something to do tonight Jack.
Jack: Then you won't mind that I tell you that [whispering] Casey gets voted off tonight.
Liz: You monster!!! Why are you like this?!?!?!

4 comments:

Doctor said...

I was close to posting a review of this because it's been so good this year. My favorite moments have involved the politics and Jack's new love interest Edie Falco.

- Jack: "We don't want to soil this place" (Democratic fundraising location). They then walk past a picture of Bill Clinton.

- Jack calling Carville a "pinko nutjob".

- An anonymous Republican admitting they gave money to NPR.

Tiny Fey and Alec Baldwin are devout liberals, but she's improving exponentially as a writer. She must have picked up something from Seinfeld and Friends: self-deprecating humor works better than anything else.

You're right - 30 Rock has surpassed The Office this year. Hope the writers' strike ends soon so we get more episodes.

Cocaine Princess said...

I love 30 Rock! It's my favorite show. It's so well written. There are so many funny episodes. I like the one where Jenna appears on Hardball and by mistakes endorses Osama Bin Linden instead of Barack Obama. And how can I forget her movie, The Rural Juror.
When Liz dates a younger guy and Jack asks her if she found him at an amber alert. I loved last week's episode, when Jack's mother visits and causes trouble during lunch with Liz's family. Kenny the intern always so chipper. Tracy Morgan and his entourage and the writing staff, I like the guy who always wears a hat. It always says something different every week. I don't think I have a favorite, they all are.
XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess

Anonymous said...

It's a great, funny show.Fey is very good in the lead role.Kudos to her for creating such a fun, funny, witty and quality TV show.Download 30 rock tv shows

Anonymous said...

your posting are really nice.you have written well, really episodes of this show really a awesome. try to Download west wing episode