Saturday, January 8, 2011

Favorite Scenes - The Insider

Mike Wallace:[after watching a preview of the "60 Minutes" Wigand interview that has been edited] Where's the rest? Where the hell's the rest? [to Eric Kluster] You cut it! You cut the guts out of what I said!

Eric Kluster: It was a time consideration, Mike.
MW: Time? Bull$#!t! You corporate lackey. Who told you your incompetent little fingers have the requisite skills to edit me? I'm trying to band-aid a situation, here, and you're too dim to...

[Wallace is suddenly interrupted by Helen Caperelli, who walks up to Wallace and Kluster]
Helen Caperelli: Mike... Mike... Mike...

MW: [to Helen Caperelli] Mike? [pause] Mike!?! Try Mr. Wallace. We work in the same corporation doesn't mean we work in the same profession. What are you gonna do now? You gonna finesse me? Lawyer me some more?MW: [continues] I've been in this profession 50 f@*^ing years! You and the people you work for are destroying the most-respected, the highest-rated, the most-profitable show on this network!

1 comment:

Lawyer said...

Plummer at his best.