Friday, July 11, 2008

My Last 5 I-Tunes Downloads

Flight of the Conchords - "If You're Into It"

I laugh out loud every time Jemaine says “stuff”. And it really takes a lot for me to laugh out loud. He doesn’t do it quite as well here. Jemaine’s baritone voice is perfect and Bret is the perfect balance.

Beck - "E-Pro"
I’m way late to the party on this one, but at least I showed up. Great percussion and a great chorus that’ll be in your head for days. Beck’s still going strong. Can’t wait to explore his new album.




Bob Dylan - "I'm Not There"
A predictable choice after my review of the film. The title could be applied to the themes of disassociation and change in the film, but the lyrics have something to do with a troubled relationship. No matter, Bob’s voice is earnest and honest and the chords are timeless.


Mott the Hoople
"All the Young Dudes"
It was written by David Bowie so the group wouldn’t break up. It can easily be said they wouldn’t be remembered without it. Love the Oasis live version of “Whatever” where they tack on the “All the Young Dudes” lyrics.


The Moody Blues
"Your Wildest Dreams"
Everyone goes nuts for "Nights in White Satin", but this is my favorite. Perhaps a little too melodic and light for this crowd, but everyone can relate to the lyrics which deal with regret and love lost.

3 comments:

Lawyer said...

If it’s cool with you
I’ll let you get naked too
It could be a dream come true
Providing that’s what you are into
Is that what
You’re into?
Him and you
In the nude?
That’s what he’s prepared to do

Doctor said...

Is that the kind of thing that you think you might be into?

Anonymous said...

I love the way he says "In the nude". It is so great because of the way he sings it. And I LOVE "Its Business, Its Business Ti-ime".