Friday, April 30, 2010

Recent Viewings

1. There Will Be Blood - Keeps getting better. I think most folks miss out on the fact that on some level Daniel is a sympathetic character. Favorite scenes right now are the two with the Standard Oil executive.

2. I Love You, Man - Hilarious and actually insightful. Rudd's a common man genius in this film. He's Tom Hanks' successor.

3. Gran Torino - Every idiot kid I see with skinny jeans needs to watch this over and over.

4. Hall of Presidents (Disneyworld) - This show and presentation have been updated with Barack Obama. The presentation is a GREAT retelling of American history. I was very excited to have my daughters watch it and soak up the greatness of the U-S-A.

2 comments:

Lawyer said...

Also rewatched Crazy Heart. Still love it, especially the last scene.

Doctor said...

I Love You Man has an unbelievably high replay value. And I don't even like Rush all that much.

Not sure how PTA creates compelling scenes from deceptively mundane interactions. Just finished Punch Drunk Love again and it gets better and better as well.

Wonder what Walt Kowalski would have thought about Insane Clown Posse.

USA sucks. Michelle Obama said so.