Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dark Knight in IMAX - A

So, we've already beat The Dark Knight to death, but for my second showing I went to the IMAX for the full experience, and I thought I'd post some significant observations. First, there appeared to me to be more than 4 scenes in IMAX (opening Heist, Hong Kong, nighttime flight scenes over the city, Caine reading, the blowup of Gotham General with the joker, and the penultimate drive of Dent to 'County'). Second, the clarity and scope of those scenes truly makes you a part of them. The Dent drive and subsequent Batman/Joker street fight is breathtaking and visceral when blownup to 10 stories. My grade for the film remains at an A-, although the experience in IMAX is definitely an A. The repeat viewing allowed me to focus more on the political overtones and subtle features of the film, all of which exceeded my memory of the first screening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was happily suprised by the fact that Heath really is just as awesome as everyone says. And the scenes this picture is from, in and outside of the hospital, are my favorite. Although, the party scene is pretty great as well.