Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Last 4 Itunes Downloads

1. Paper Planes - M.I.A. - This is the song from the Pineapple Express trailer. Great lyrics and beats, my favorite song so far this year. Plus, you can't beat the use of a gun for percussion.

2. Walk Unafraid - R.E.M. - From the recently released "REM Live". Showcase for Michael Stipe's voice is great at first and then gets a little 'experimental' for my tastes, but then goes back to melodic REM. Getting ready for the March 12th show at Stubbs in Austin. The rest of their tour dates can be found here.

3. Piece of Me - Britney Spears - Catchy and cool song from the most wheels off person in America. Gotta love the use of a chicken sound.

4. Amarillo By Mornin' - George Strait - Why I don't already have this, I can't tell you. This one reminds me of Original Appraiser and driving to Colorado.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love paper planes. i'd also suggest Jimmy on that album (the whole album's pretty good, but i just don't want this much dance music these days). also love piece of me. amarillo by morning was my first taste of george strait and still one of my favorites. a great list, counselor.

Anonymous said...

appreciate the Atown shout out lawyer...Nothing strikes a chord about home like George Strait's Amarillo by Morning...