Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Films of 2010

I love this time of year. Lots of modifications to come, but thought I'd get the game started. I reserve the right to make significant changes as I re-watch the top 5 and get a better feel. Original reviews linked to below.

1. Black Swan
1. The Social Network
3. Inception
4. Winter's Bone
5. Temple Grandin
6. Exit Through the Gift Shop
7. Ghost Writer
8. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
9. 127 Hours
10. A Prophet
11. The Kids Are All Right
12. The Town
13. Shutter Island
14. The Other Guys

Still to come: Restrepo, Inside Job, The Fighter, True Grit, Let Me In, Biutiful, Conviction, King's Speech, Blue Valentine, Carlos, Somewhere.

2 comments:

Lawyer said...

Lists are starting to come out: http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/

Doctor said...

I'm way behind of course but my current list is

1. Social Network
2. Inception
3. Ghost Writer
4. Toy Story 3
5. Let Me In
6. Shutter Island

Winter's Bone was good and Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes were excellent. But it's too bleak and simple for me to sit through again so around a B. Not much plot there at all. Temple Grandin deserved all the Emmys it won, but I lost interest when I tried a second viewing. Haven't seen your 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, or 14. A Prophet worked for what it was, but I found it predictable and wished it took more risks.