Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Movie Releases - 7/15-17/09

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I thought this was the 5th entry in the series, but it's the 6th. Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix merged in my head. I've heard good things about the costumes and cinematography, but I didn't see the first 5 in the theater and I'm not starting now just because Emma Watson is finally legal. At least Daniel Radcliffe is not making it with a horse in this one - I hope. Google "Equus" for help with that.


500 Days of Summer

The trailer was OK, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel trying to make young, modern love work. Deschanel is finally starting to work for me and Gordon-Levitt is a talent, despite his recent perf in Killshot. Priest has called this and I look forward to his thoughts.

2 comments:

Lawyer said...

Priest is apparently at Hogwarts with Mr. Potter right now, so he might have to write two reviews in one weekend (gasp). I can't get into Harry Potter, but I also can't deny its cultural relevance.

Doc-watched Being There tonight and...B or B-. I get it, but its themes have been so well done elsewhere that I had a hard time appreciating it, although I was rolling when Shirley Maclaine starts putting the moves on him. I also owe a review of The Apartment - a great film that changed my mind about Shirley MacLaine (she's greatness).

Priest said...

A- review to follow tonight