Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Killers at Nokia Grand Prairie, February 4, 2009

After being a very casual Killers fan after Mr. Brightside and All the Things That I've Done (of of Hot Fuss), I took more serious notice after their most recent album, Day and Age, and haven't been disappointed. In concert, the band is powerful, with the band perfoming the songs with workmanlike precision and leaving the showmanship and charisma to diminutive lead singer Brandon Flowers. His big voice and intensity were enough to fill the arena and make the concert very good. Click below for more on the Killers:


I am not a big enough fan to be able to appreciate more than about 12 of the songs they played, but the ones I did know were all superb. Mr. Brightside was the best of the night as Flowers brought home the "I never's" at the end of the song. Human was great, but suffered from a bad sound mix for the great underlying riff of the whole song. Their other hits were all enjoyable and I found several new songs (mostly from Sam's Town) to add to my rotation. Worth seeing, especially at the relative bargain of $40.

1 comment:

Dentist said...

Brandon's voice never sounded quite right in the live stuff I've heard (flat or something like that). So his pitch was "on"? Jealous you saw them.