Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top Films

I have postponed posting a Top Ten films list for ’08 for the simple reason that I hadn’t seen ten films worthy of such a list this year. This was partially due to the delay films occasionally weather before coming to my burg, partially due to some activities that took me out of the country in late December, and partially due to the fairly horrible crop of “serious” films this year. While I still haven’t seen all the pertinent films, I do feel it’s time to put something out there, but at this point I’ve only got nine.

9 Hancock
8 Forgetting Sarah Marshall
7 Slumdog Millionaire
6 The Bank Job
5 Gran Tarino
4 Milk
3 In Bruges
2 Wall*E
1 The Dark Knight

* I have yet to see Man on a Wire (waiting at the house), Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, Frost Nixon, or The Changeling.
And here is the rest of it.

2 comments:

Lawyer said...

A good list.

You and Doc liked Bank Job much more than I did.

I think Wall*E is fine, I just can't get into animation.

I would add Rachel Getting Married to your must-see list as well. Changeling is pretty weak.

Priest said...

good call. i was thinking Rachel when I was writing, but forgot to stick it in there. it's hard to get excited about going to see these movies when i'm so disappointed with the ones i've seen....