Monday, December 8, 2008

Favorite Scenes: Bottle Rocket

Dignan: Bob Mapplethorpe – potential getaway driver. Go. Go!

Bob: Well, I think there’s a real air of mystery about me . . .

Dignan: (interrupting) Don’t complicate it. Your number 1 strength is that you have a car you can provide. Sell yourself. Start over. You ready? Go.

Bob: OK. Alright. I’m a risk taker. I’m growing an entire crop of marijuana in my parents’ backyard. I think that shows a little . . .

Dignan: (interrupting) Wait a second. You’re growing an entire crop of marijuana in your backyard?

Bob: Dignan, look. I’m just not that good at this “selling yourself” stuff, OK? So I’m going to tell you the truth: I really want to be part of this team. And I’m the only one with a car.

Dignan: That’s good. That’s good. ‘Cause that hits me right here.

No comments: