Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Night Live - Host Josh Brolin -10/18

After a terrific opening and a so-so monologue saved by surprise audience member Oliver Stone, laughs were scarce. Mark Wahlberg poking fun at himself was the only other great moment . . .
SNL continues its ridiculously biased viewpoint comparing Obama to an angel and McCain to a garbage truck. Tina Fey as Sarah Palin has gotten old sooner than expected. Alec Baldwin calling the real Governor Palin “Tina” is somewhat amusing, but Mark Wahlberg was the star cameo of the opening. After his humorless rant against Andy Samberg on Jimmy Kimmel, Wahlberg was a really good sport. The best image of the early Fall TV season is the real Wahlberg talking to a donkey who then turns away from him (insert jackass joke here).
Kristen Wiig annoyed as the “Surprises” woman as well as Suzy Orman, although Orman’s phallic joke worked. I’m not sure what the point of the “I’m No Angel” sketch. Do New Yorkers think all Texan men are hairy perverts who like to fornicate with pregnant whores? Though, Amy Poehler is great doing that ridiculous dance – I gave Will Arnett a 50/50 chance to make it through the show without being a father. Poehler and Seth Myers Weekend Update was instantly forgettable. Will Forte is getting stranger and stranger – he must be off his meds. Host Josh Brolin is completely wasted. The uninspired Fartface, Narc School, and Fall Foliage skits ended the disappointing show. C

3 comments:

Lawyer said...

Disagree. I thought this week was great. The opening was funny and nervewracking, but the players (including Palin) all rose to the occassion. The monologue was okay. All of the new magrubers were genius, especially the pingpong ball. I loved fartface and I'm no angel. The other sketches were weak.

Anonymous said...

The pingpong ball made me laugh until I cried. And I referred to lawyer today as fartface, numerous times actually. I loooooove Suze Orman. They heavily rely on the genius that is Viig.

Doctor said...

I pray I don't see a pingpong ball the next time I'm up there.