Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last 5 iTunes Downloads

1. MGMT - Time to Pretend. Great sonic alterna-anthem. Love the unique sounds and perfect lyrics. Great for rolled down windows on a Fall car ride.

2. Rogue Wave - Everyday.
This update of the Buddy Holly song is the soundtrack for the Rachel Gets Married trailer (gets really good at the 2:00 mark). Sounds like a Priest-ly song. Ditto on the rolled down windows.

3. Killers - Human.
Heard this on SNL last night. Great vocals, better lyrics("Pay my respects to grace and virtue, Send my condolences to good") and transcendental synthesizer (coming from a synth-hater, that's saying something). I buy the melancholy the Killers are selling. Maybe my favorite song of the year (we'll see).

4. John Mellencamp - Our Country (Rock version)
. Every politician uses this as their 'event closer', and its a car commercial, but it is great. Love the East Coast/West Coast chorus.

5. Alphaville - Forever Young. This 80's classic and Napoleon Dynamite prom song has been stuck in my head for a month. Again - I love the emotion conveyed by the synthesizer, despite my hate for it.

No comments: