Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Few (Completely Unrelated) Links

Here is an interesting article on pantheism and Avatar (I made mention of an off-shoot of pantheism, panentheism, in my review) by Russ Douthat from the NY Times. He discusses the honored place pantheism currently holds in Hollywood film and why it is ultimately lacking. While I'd argue that Avatar is modeling something a little different than classic pantheism, this isn't a theology blog so I'll let that go.

I love the Jay-Z/Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind". Here's Ms. Keys singing her version, "Empire State of Mind, Part 2" with Steven Colbert rapping. Best line: "All my shorties are private school educated."

And, finally, Lawyer's recent hilarious post of Jimmy Fallon doing Neil Young reminded me of these classic Troll Doll jingles he did. Part 1 (check U2) and, my fav, Part 2 (as Alanis Morissette).

And here is the rest of it.

1 comment:

ch said...

Ah, what would have been a great article for the Puffy Shirt.