Monday, June 22, 2009

DVD and Blu-ray Releases 6/23/09

Bob Funk
The Code - #
Confessions of a Shopaholic - #
FEMA City
Inkheart - #
Last Year at Marienbad (Criterion) - #,*
The Pink Panther 2 - #
Waltz with Bashir - #

# - also on Blu-ray
* - Doc's pick of the week

No extra Blu-ray releases this week. Must be a summer thing. I've been waiting for years for a proper Last Year at Marienbad DVD. I'm not sure I'll have the patience for it like I did 10 years ago, but I can't wait for another viewing. It's strictly for film enthusiasts (dorks) and will drive most people up the wall with its nonsensical plot and tomfoolery. I loved it when I first saw it and it remains in my top 150 or so.

2 comments:

Lawyer said...

Never heard of LYAM - a little help, please?

Doctor said...

A visually astounding surreal labyrinthian mind-f#ck 1961 French film that provided me with a plethora of Sims-Sigler moments when I first saw it 10 years ago. I don't know it'll play the same these days. I'll get Amazon to send me a copy and I'll put out a review.