Saturday, December 13, 2008

Last 5 Itunes Downloads

1. "Live Your Life" - TI (feat. Rihanna). TI's oddly parable-y lyrics and Rihanna's robotic but beautiful singing come together for a cool rap song. TI was the nephew (the pitcher with promise) of Denzel in American Gangster.

2. "The Wrestler" - Bruce Springsteen. This is from his forthcoming January album, and can't be bought yet. It is featured on the Wrestler trailer and works best there, showcasing the brilliance that can occur when the moving image is set to perfectly cast music.

3. "Just Like Heaven" - The Cure. From the opening drums, this is one I can listen to on a loop. Oddly hard and aggressive, this is my favorite Cure song. The Killers need to cover this ASAP.

I apologize in advance for the next two.

4. "Crush" - David Archuleta. Yes, that one. The American Idol alum has a soulful voice that turns this horrible song into something I like.

5. "If I Were a Boy" - Beyonce. I like the lyrics and concept of the song. Beyonce's sings the great melody perfectly.

1 comment:

Doctor said...

So, um, uh, the Springsteen song's incredible, right? Easily his best song since The Rising.