Saturday, October 13, 2007

Quick Hits - CD Reviews

Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones. This is basically Foo Unplugged, but I am sure Dave Grohl wanted to stay as far away as possible from any comparison to Nirvana's phenomenal and haunting Unplugged album. There are a couple of new songs, but mostly the album gives us softer versions of their big hits. Big Me, My Hero, Everlong, are all good, but not better or positively different from their Album versions. C.

Def Leppard - Vault. I am not a big "DL" fan, but the greatness of their mega-hits can't be denied (and I was on vacation, driving a convertible around the beach, so cut me some slack). For $13.99 you get Photograph, Love Bites, Pour Some Sugar On Me, Rocket, Let's Get Rocked, Two Steps Behind, Armageddon It, and Hysteria, among others. Def Leppard is commercial rock at its zenith. A.

1 comment:

Priest said...

nice review on Vault. of course i love those def leopard hits. how can you not? they're so sticky-sweet.