Thursday, March 26, 2009

Odds and Ends

This slipped past last month but The Lonely Island (Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, and Jorma Taccone) released an album last month called "Incredibad". It includes the Natalie Portman rap, J!zz in My Pants, and I'm on a Boat. Usually funny, sometimes hilarious, always creative. The album's available on I-Tunes. The group is behind Hot Rod, which I just watched again (Danny McBride is one of the friends - and pretty funny). I stick by my original (somewhat controversial) brief review.Click below for a Let the Right One In update.

Here is a healthy discussion (with some spoilers) of the apparently disastrous subtitles on my only recent rave. I avoided all plot points after the first 15-20 minutes because I loved all the twists and turns. At the time, I was more impressed with the direction than the script and maybe this is why. The company will make a DVD/Blu-ray version of the geek-approved theatrical subtitled version soon, which I will be picking up. Glad I rented first.

2 comments:

Priest said...

both links go back to your review.... can you relink to the discussion? watched the film last night. my thoughts under your initial review.

Doctor said...

Done.